Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Picnic in Front of Kensington

I'm on a roll with these posts! We have a lot of free time today as we're waiting on our bus to go to Amsterdam. Perfect time to update you on our excursions!

On our last full day in London, we went to Harrods. This was my first time and I had no idea what to expect. Holy beautiful. We looked through most of the floors, including the toy room and the pet spa. We were like little kids looking through all the toys and books.

Our main purpose was to get food from the food court. When I say food court, you probably imagine lots of fast food restaurants surrounding a huge room of tables. This is not the case at Harrods. It is more of a fancy market where you can order anything you like. There are deli stations, meat counters, shelves filled with pastries, and even a build-your-own-salad area. Food heaven!

I got a delicious ham croissant and a double chocolate muffin. Rachel built her own salad. The people working there are so friendly and are always smiling! I'm not sure how they do it because there were definitely some rude people in the lines. We got our food to go and headed to Kensington to indulge!








It was a gorgeous, sunny day. Much better compared to the nasty rain we had the day before. We parked it in the grass in front of Kensington Palace, overlooking the Round Pond. It was such a perfect ending to a great day.





I know you wanted to see a sequence of me eating. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Your eyes are so blue in that first eating picture!!! Can't wait to hear more about London Edinburgh and Dublin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...